A blog detailing our collection of Peter Powell kites, and chronicling our flying of these kites. Plus a bit of PP kite history thrown in. Our collection to date stands at 77 kites and can be seen here. I am keen to expand the collection, so if you have an old Peter Powell kite, whether made in the UK or the US, gathering dust and looking for a new home, why not get in touch? Depending on the kite (does it bring something new or different to my collection?), its condition (is it flyable? how much TLC does it need?), and the price you ask (+ shipping if from outside the UK), we may well be able to do a deal.

Thursday 12 January 2017

Round Table PP, again

Some time ago, I posted about a promotional Peter Powell Stunter, created for the Round Table. It appeared on eBay, for a buy-it-now price of £80. That was way too much for my liking, so I didn't bite. The kite was relisted a few times, each time for £80, and then disappeared from eBay. I assumed it had found a buyer.

Turned out that wasn't the case, because after a while, it was relisted, this time for a lower price, though still well above what I was willing to pay. Again, it didn't sell, and was relisted yet again, and again for a slightly lower price. I decided to play a bit of a 'chicken race' game: hold fire until the kite was relisted with a price I was willing to pay. Of course, someone else might well snap it up before the seller had reduced his/her price enough for me to grab it .... The kite was relisted well over half a dozen more times, and the asking price kept creeping down, slowly but surely. Until one morning I saw it was relisted for my max price (£40 if you want to know), and I pounced! Gotcha!

The kite came with a red tail, but I felt a white tail would look much better. I happened to have a white Peter Powell tail which originally came with The Monster (which now has a custom tri-colour tail), so that white tail replaced the red tail. And here is the 'Round Table' PP, in our usual flying field:




It flies exactly as you expect from a polythene PP Stunter: needs a decent breeze to fly and turn properly.



Of course, it being a Peter Powell means that some tail-rolling is involved at the end of a session ...


I have no idea how many were made, but it can't be that many. Maybe this is even a unique one-off? In any case, it's a very nice addition to my Peter Powell kites collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment