A blog detailing our collection of Peter Powell kites, and chronicling our flying of these kites. Plus a bit of PP kite history thrown in. Our collection to date stands at 77 kites and can be seen here. I am keen to expand the collection, so if you have an old Peter Powell kite, whether made in the UK or the US, gathering dust and looking for a new home, why not get in touch? Depending on the kite (does it bring something new or different to my collection?), its condition (is it flyable? how much TLC does it need?), and the price you ask (+ shipping if from outside the UK), we may well be able to do a deal.

Saturday 10 November 2018

Star Trek 5-stack

I've been a Trekkie for as long as I can remember. I still recall my father coming into my bed room when I was a kid, carrying me, half-asleep, down the stairs to the living room, telling me I was now old enough. I must have been maybe 6 or so, and I was about to see my very first Star Trek episode. I never looked back ...

Now what does all this have to do with kites in general, or Peter Powell kites specifically? Very little, until I started playing around with ideas for a themed PP stack, and thought having a stack with symbols of several of the key 'powers' in Star Trek could work well. Bit more playing around resulted in designs for a set of five black PP Stunters, with the symbols of the Federation, Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons and the Borg:


Tails would be silver, blue, green, red and white, to match the main colours of the respective symbols. And, ideally, the bridle and stacking arrangement would be fully flexible, so any of the five kites could be used as the lead kite. Time will tell whether this Star Trek 5-stack will ever become reality!

Oh, and in case you're wondering what my first-ever Star Trek episode was ... "Trouble with Tribbles".

No comments:

Post a Comment